Hip replacement as the name suggests is a procedure where your damaged hip is being replaced with an implanted device. Hip pain could arise for various reasons and sometimes even after alternative forms of treatment, pain is a foregone conclusion. In such cases then hip replacement surgery seems to be the viable option. When such a situation happens patients do face a difficulty in walking and it does go on to hinder their daily day to day activities as well.
One of the main reasons on why hip pain emerges is due to arthritis of the joints. To satisfy the conditions for the hip replacement there are certain conditions which need to be fulfilled. These conditions are not limited to
- Chronic pain that tends to arise in the joints
- Less or no relief that is experience form any form of pain medications
- When problem is faced in the day to day activities like walking or running
- Pain is felt when you stand from a sitting position
- Because of too much pain you would need to stop activities
If the doctor is of the opinion that you would need to be part of hip replacement procedure then a series of preparatory measures is to be taken. First and foremost you would need to be in good physical condition before the operation takes place. The reason for it is that the upper body needs to have all the strength that it can possess. Then a day is going to be scheduled for the surgery.
There are several other things needed for the surgery. The surgeon is likely to ask you to be part of routine physical examination by your physician. This points to the occurrence of any other problems like high blood pressure or diabetes that are identified well before surgery.
The benefits of hip replacement surgery?
With the aid of best hip replacement surgeons in India a lot of benefits are offered
- Effective form of treatment- Hip replacement surgery is considered to be the most effective form of treatment for osteoarthritis for people from all over the world
- Reliable surgery- this is rated to be one of the best form of surgeries and a successful outcome would mean that the pain in the arthritis is reduced.
- High satisfaction levels- Patients who have opted for this surgery have gone on to experience higher levels of satisfaction. One of the focal points from this course of surgery is that the quality of life does improve by leaps and bounds. Patients have gone on to report an active and a better quality of life.
- Your lost mobility is restored- as the pain in the leg subsidizes, the legs are going to become stronger with increased use. It would mean better mobility, easier movements along with less fatigue
Like with any form of surgery here the risks are also there. The patients need to have an idea about it before they opt for the surgery. It is a life changing decision and is going to have an impact on you for the rest of your life.